04/30/07: Guess My Yarn Yardage Contest!So Ms. CrankyMonkeyButt made her way over to this neck of the woods for a work filled weekend. Most importantly she was my yarn inventory specialist. In preparation for Maryland I needed to know in miles why I should be restrained in my purchasing next weekend. Let me tell you this fiber fest shall be more about the socializing than the purchasing, which for me is very difficult I gotta say. Anywho in light of the monumental yardage we uncovered, I am going to have a little contest.
Leave me a comment or send me an email of how many yards of yarn you think I have in my stash including the wall of yarn and some baskets of afghan yarn. Closest one to the truth wins some of my handspun!
Current photo of the wall of yarn above.
Below are some little hints to help you make your guess.
1. Each cube is about one foot cubed of space.
2. There are a total of 43 cubes that contain yarn. The others are notions and fluff and do not add to the yardage.
3. Outside the wall I have almost 15000 yards of afghan and in progress yarn which is part of my total stash yardage.
4. There are scores of miles of yarn in the wall.
5. I tend to like thinner yarn, DK weight to laceweight, which makes for more yards per skein.
6. It is more yardage than Monica has, yikes!
Here is a pic of most of the cubes with yarn (greens ones were added later so you have to guess how full those are).
Ok so that is it. Please send in your guesses by Thursday, May 3rd, 5pm EST. I will announce the winner on Friday. Then it is off to Maryland!