Got some cute bronzer the other day mainly because it had knitted stitches on it! plus it is made of cashmere. Crazy fun, and it turns out it s quite smooth and pretty nice to use too. I am a sucker for packaging
Check out some of the soap goodies I made for this years spring sale.
More on suds.
I had my annual Thanksgiving Craft Show this weekend at Holy Trinity Church and so I had to come up with some inventory quick
Today am sharing pics of the reeces pieces soaps I made. I love making the little bites and seeing the middle. And they smell of loverly chocolate and peanut butter. Fun Fun Fun.
Check out the quilt my grandmother made me She based it on a hawaiian quilt square and just did a bunch of small ones. It is quite huge and so I am happy to say so it fits on a King sized bed! Thanks so much Baba, love it!
Posted in Creating, Sews
Made lots of fun treats this past week to celebrate with.
(click on the images to see larger)
- A spring Easter suds order. Soap and hand knit washcloths.
- Tie Dyed some eggs.
- Made ‘cadbury’ cream eggs, I added a hint of coconut.
- Also made peanut eggs and marshmellow eggs.
- Made homemade peeps.
- Also chocolate dipped some strawberries.
- Baked cake eggs, these seem like a great travel cake!
Posted in Baking, Cake, Candy, Creating, Easter, Holidays, Knits, Soap
Tagged cake, candy, chocolate, Easter, egg, knit, soap, suds
Check it out I have another blog page for my soaps! Decided to put it there so I can start to build a sort of gallery of soap that I make there. I really enjoy making sudsy stuffs and I make way more than I can use up and even more than gifting can use up. So I have been slowly treading into the selling territory, mostly local sales so far but we will see where it goes Anywho check it out here. Recently had an order for cupcake soap favors for a bridal shower.
I also made some lip balms. I am really enjoying the watermellon at the moment but they all smell yummy to me!
So I have my walnuss all blocked and ready to go, but I only had 4 buttons of the ones I would like to use for it, so I need to go and see if I can find me some more this weekend. The pattern uses 6 buttons, but I opted for more and since I added length as well I need a total of 9 buttons. Anywho here is a little photo of it as it stands for now.
I ended up not ripping back when I ran out of blue and doing the stripes I thought I would, but rather added a thick grey band at the bottom of the body and sleeves. I really like the double pleat bind off in this pattern, it is very sturdy and clean. I added another pleat and some length to the body and my sleeves are shorter than the pattern, but I used up every bit I could of the yarn I had on hand and it hits right above the elbow which is a comfy place for me so I am happy with it.
I have been up to a lot of little things here and there these past couple of weeks. And I have been taking photos of the progress of some of it but just no time to upload anything yet. Hopefully sometime this weekend I will be able to post some fun pictures of things like lip balm, soap cupcakes, and a new sweater…