Need Buttons!

So I have my walnuss all blocked and ready to go, but I only had 4 buttons of the ones I would like to use for it, so I need to go and see if I can find me some more this weekend. The pattern uses 6 buttons, but I opted for more and since I added length as well I need a total of 9 buttons. Anywho here is a little photo of it as it stands for now.

I ended up not ripping back when I ran out of blue and doing the stripes I thought I would, but rather added a thick grey band at the bottom of the body and sleeves. I really like the double pleat bind off in this pattern, it is very sturdy and clean. I added another pleat and some length to the body and my sleeves are shorter than the pattern, but I used up every bit I could of the yarn I had on hand and it hits right above the elbow which is a comfy place for me so I am happy with it.

Walnuss Testing…

Started another test knit for Anke. So far so good, I am really liking the wool cotton I chose for this. I have had it in my stash forever and only now realize how much I love this yarn! It has nice stretch and it still cottony. Of course plenty of people must already know this but I am glad to finaly knit with it and will probably want to buy more if I ever use up some more stash first :)

I am hoping to knit this mostly in the blue color and then just do the neck and trim work with the grey but I am not sure if I have enough blue so am also thinking stripes or shorter sleeves if need be. We will see as I go along.